BWP Grade - Boiling Water Proof Plywood is made with Superior Quality Gurjan Plywood & Indian Standards of IS:710
Plywood is made peeling the trees to obtain veneers (slices/sheets of wood). These veneers are then stacked upon each other and firmly bonded using resins. Since several sheets are thus bonded together, the core of the plywood and its front and back faces need not necessarily be of the same material. So only that plywood whose front and back faces is made out of Gurjan hardwood can be called as Gurjan plywood.
Boiling Water ProofBWR is a waterproof plywood. It can resist water better than the Interior grade MR (Moisture resistant) plywood.
BWP Grade Plywood is Bonded with Superior Bonding Quality of Resin to Resist Ply for 12 Hours WWR ( Warm Water Resistance ) Against 3 Hours as per BIS Standards
Twin Press Technology
BWP Plywood is Manufactured By Twin Press Technology which Results into :
- Warp Free
- Super Strong Bonding
- Zero Surface Core Gaps.
Super Smooth Surface
Thick Face of Superior Quality Gurjan Veneer & Uniform Thickness are Used to Make Super Smooth Surface.
Borer & Termite Resistance
Each Core Veneer Layer of Plywood is Treated with Combinations of Various Toxicant Chemicals by VPI Technology to make Plywood Resistance to Borer, Termite & other micro organisms.
Superior Screw / Nail Holdings Capacity :
BWP Grade Plywood is Manufactured from Selected Single Species 100% Dryer Dried Hard core Veneers Which Gives Ply Superior Nail / Screw Holding Capacity.
All Weather Proof
BWP Grade Plywood Manufactured with Single Species Core Veneers, Bonded with Enriched Resin & Gurjan Ply, Pressed under Pressure & Controlled Temperature, Balanced Construction, Chemical Treatment etc. Making Plywood All Weather Proof, Dimensionally Stable, Durable & Long Lasting.
What is BWP Grade Plywood?
BWP grade plywood means Boiling Water Proof Plywood. It is a waterproof plywood, and is widely used for making home and office furniture. Along-with Commercial MR grade plywood, it is the best selling type of plywood in India.
There is another term BWR (Boiling Water Resistance) which is very similar sounding and almost means the same. BWR means Boiling Water Resistance, For plywood using the term 'BWR grade' is much more common.
The important features of BWP plywood are listed below.
- It is an exterior grade plywood, that can be used for indoor, semi-outdoor and outdoor use.
- BWP is a waterproof plywood. It can resist water better than the Interior grade MR (Moisture resistant) plywood.
- Phenolic resins are used for in its making. Phenolic resins means using 'phenol formaldehyde' adhesive, which is a synthetic plastic resin. This is what gives the plywood it's waterproofing qualities.
- BWP grade plywood is commonly used for meeting those furniture requirements in the home, where the plywood is likely to get exposure to water. For Kitchen cabinets and other kitchen furniture, BWP grade is the preferred choice of plywood.
- The Indian Standards specification number for BWR grade plywood is IS:710
- Superior Bonding
- Dimensionally Stable
- Super Smooth Surface
- High Impact Indentation Strength
- High Screw Holding Strength
- Termite Resistance
- Fungus Free
- Weather Resistance
- Quality Checked As Per ISI Standards
|Size in Feet||8 F X 4 F = 32 SqFt||7 F X 4 F = 28 SqFt|
|Size in Meter||2.50 M X 1.22 M = 2.97SqMt||2.13 M X 1.22 M = 2.60 SqMt|
|Thickness||6, 8, 12, 16, 18 MM|
For furniture that is likely to get wet, for example Kitchen & bath Room : cabinets, Shelf, Cupboard, wall panels etc., Exterior grade BWR / BWP type of plywood is suitable.